Friday, October 17, 2008

FORECLOSURE ALERT!

I never thought this could happen to me. Yah right! That is ridiculous to think something like that in times such as these. I called our landlord to inform her of general maintenance that needed to be done on the house...oh yeah and that the heater was blowing out cold air. lol minor problem...I also wanted to talk to her about extending our lease that is ending mid December....

She responded saying: Oh! I've been meaning to talk to you about that! and proceeded to give me this ginormous sob story about their financial situation and that her husband has been out of work and bla bla bla....not my problem. Bottom line is: they might be losing the house we are in. They are 1 month behind on their mortgage and will soon be in the beginning of the foreclosure process.

Awesome huh? I'm so glad we found out now instead of when the sherrif came a knockin on our door! :) So we have 6 weeks to pack up and go. I'm pretty stoked because that is the longest amount of time we have ever had to get ready for a move, so as of this week i have already contacted 2 realtors, viewed several properties and have started to de-craptify my house.

OOOOOOOOO Yeah! Ahead of the game! Hopefully we'll be able to find something that we can get into...i'd like to have a yard, bella's favorite thing to do is run around like a crazy head so that would really help me out! :)

We have been checking craigs list, 6 weeks from our moving date gives us time, but not really the option as things are going fast in this market. It seems like every day we hear about someone new losing their home. Any advice would be spectacular! :)

2 comments:

Cristin said...

I think there are a lot of landlords who will be desperate for renters, so try bargaining with your new potential landlord. That's my thought. Remember the Stepps in Tehachapi? The same thing happened to them - their landlord got foreclosed on. Oh, and definitely get a yard. It is one of the best things to have ever happened to us. And also be grateful you aren't the one being foreclosed on!

Sally said...

My goodness! I hope that you will be able to find a new place. Crazy stuff

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers