Friday, October 17, 2008

Super Saturday

Ok. Kill me please! Enrichment leader...not so much fun! Just kidding. It is great, its just a lot of work. I've been working on a super saturday for a few months now. It was suppose to take place tomorrow. Due to the work we all need to put into prop 8 we decided to move it to Nov 8th after the election...fine by me i'll just be in the corner in a fetal position until then. Seriously it's crazy.

Some people even commented that my crafts werent super enough...well guess what? dont sign up! Plus i figured with the economy totally sucking right now people might appreciate easier cheaper things to create. Ok so be honest and tell me if they suck because i really want to know.

If you could give me ideas of what you've seen or what you've done at your activites or on your own, i'd really appreciate it for future activities. Muchos Gracias!

1. Treat Buckets.
These are really popular in the scrapbooking world right now.
You can use them for gift boxes, for treats or trick-or-treat buckets...really versitle and fun!
2. Cookie in a Jar...Pretty basic, and a cheap gift!
3. Holiday Cards...Easy peasy and fun to make
4. Frankenstein Head...only the face a mother could love!

5. Pumpkin Cubes
6. Scrapbook Calendars.
This could not be more easy. Its a 14 month calendar, all you have to do is select the layouts you want.
I am pre-making kits for everyone so all they have to do is
bring pictures and adhesive and go to town!

7.Quilt Panel.
Ok don't freak out! You can do a simple wall hanging, or you can go all out and make a quilt.
All we are doing the day of the activity is the front pannel...straight stitching only so it will be pretty easy!
8. Latex Lettering, we did custom orders for everyone


We had wreaths and mini albums but we decided not to do them...well thats all! Let me know what you think....ps...sorry for the crappy pix! I was in a hurry when i took them!

5 comments:

Jill Day said...

i like the pumpkin blocks the best because they're cute and non breakable, but all the ideas look super cute and great to me. don't worry too much about it, because no matter what you do people will always complain. And I think you have a good assortment of crafts...there's something for the scrapbooker something for the sewer, the cook,and everything looks easy enough that someone who isn't crafty will still do it and enjoy it...Don't worry be happy. You're doing a great job!

Cristin said...

Those are great, I don't know what people are talking about. I can't believe how much work you have to put into that stuff.

TraciP said...

Wow, if your activities aren't super enough.. then I'm in trouble. I'm enrichment leader and for ours we are doing embossed tiles, kids hooded towels, ISPY bags, goodie jars made from terra cotta pots, and I'm doing an earring class. Oh, and we are also having teachers bring book orders so if people want to order books for kids, grandkids..ect for christmas.

Brooke and BJ said...

Yay for updating your blog! And your crafts are plenty crafty....and TONS more choices than we typically have for super saturday. I say don't let 'em get you down!

ps....I miss you friend!

africa said...

They look great, I loved the album you did for your mom, to bad you had to scrap it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers