Monday, August 31, 2009

Back To School


Yay! 2 weeks down and I'm still alive! Tomorrow kicks off week 3 for me. I am so excited to be back in school. I was TERRIFIED to go back, but I'm glad I dove back in. I really need to finish my degree!!! I am going to DVC which is a local community college and I hope to be able to transfer to one of the universities in the area within a year or so...it will probably take me a lot longer than a year to complete things since I am only going part time and art classes take up a major portion of the day, its hard to fit anything else in.

I'm taking an Asian Art History class which I absolutely love so far. The teacher is all over the place and I'm really not a fan, but the subject matter is fantastic. I'm also taking a sculpture class which is a blast! I love being able to work with clay again, I didn't realize how much I have missed it. Tomorrow I'll pick up my first fired piece so I'll be able to post pix. We had to make a chalice so I made a Frankenstein candy dish...hey Halloween is coming up...the last thing I need is another piece of crap in my house....this will at least make a good portfolio piece that I can photograph before i trash it. I know its bad to do that but really...what am I going to do with it??

Anyway, so glad to be back in the game. It is so nice to be able to have the time for myself and to know that I am on the road to completing a major goal. Not to mention setting a big example for my kids. I think it is really important to have an education, I am so glad that I have the opportunity to continue!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Emily I am so proud of you. That is wonderful that you are finishing your degree. I miss learning so much. I read and other little things to learn, but you learn so much more being in school. It was so good to see your posts. We've missed seeing pictures of you guys.

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

That's awesome that you are back in school! I am so jealous! I can't wait to go back and finish!

Sally said...

Lets see that fired piece!!! So fun. I totally regret not getting a bfa.... admire you for finnishing it out.

Cristin said...

I'm very excited (and jealous) that you get to go back to school. I think I would do a lot better the 2nd time around.

Mary Ann said...

Hurrah Hurrah,
the em goes marching one by one
She's back in school
it's so much fun
and they all go marching down i.....n the ground to get out of the rain, dum dum dum
That was to the tune of the ants go marching, call me or I will make even dumber posts H ah ha ha

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers