Friday, February 8, 2008

Bumps, Blood & Bruises

I feel like lately all Bella does is get hurt. She barely recovers from her last injury and then bam, she falls down or something. The last injury was the worst, she fell down holding a sippy cup in her mouth and cut the inside of her lip...it was right in the front and she actually bit a chunk of skin off! She was bleeding everywhere but it stopped after a few minutes...Im glad she didnt need to get stiches. I feel so bad, I think I actually made it worse! I gave her a piece of ice to suck on and it stuck to her mouth right where the cut was! I felt like the worst mother ever! Other than that she has been falling a lot...why is it always on the face???? Her eyes seem to be the biggest target lately, right under the corner of her eye on both sides now that I think about it she has either fallen and hit her face on the furnature or on a toy, cd case, you name it. She hits her nogen on stuff, but luckily her hair is growing so that doesnt show much.

Current Status:

Last night she started feeling a bit feverish, she wasnt feeling too well and I was taking pix of her at dinner, all she did was scowl at me! It was pretty funny I took pix of her anyway and only got one smile...then I gave her a tubby and she didnt want to play, which is TOTALLY out of character for her. Usually she is pulling of her clothes and diaper and cant wait to get in, she screams and sings and plays for at least 20 minutes every night. It's pretty fun! But, last night, all she did was sit there and lean forward and immerse herself in the water and then was shivering uncontrollably when I took her out. She almost fell asleep in her towel when I pulled her out and was brushing her teeth...then I looked in her mouth and she had 2 molars cutting through. AH HA! After I got her dressed she started feeling warmer and then woke up at 2 this morning and was BURNING UP. She had...and still has a temperature of 103 degrees. She has been cooling down and then heating up again since 2 this morning and is currently keeping me warm and leaning on me while I type. She has been very clingy and wakes up the second I put her down...hopefully she feels better soon!

Im going to call her pediatrition just to make sure everything is kosher...its freaking me out that she has had a persistant fever for 8 hours....

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

No fun! I am so glad Eli skips out on all the symptoms of teething other than super-duper ornery!

Doesn't it just break your heart when they fall and hurt themselves! Gosh, you'd think they were just learning how to walk or something!

I can't wait to see the pics!

Bonny said...

Oh no! Poor little Bella. I hate it when Mya gets hurt - no fun! And it's always her little noggin that takes the beating. I hope little Bella starts feeling better soon.
Now bring on more Bella pics and the new house pics!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers