Friday, May 8, 2009

3 Day Potty Training


Has anyone heard of this? I stumbled upon a website for 3 Day Potty Training this morning and while I'm totally skeptical, I'm really curious to see what she says in her ebook.

I have been trying to potty train Bella for months now. She is SO hit and miss. Sometimes she is deathly afraid of the toilet, sometimes she just goes by herself, or she tells me she has to go and camps out on the toilet forever and then finds somewhere else to go to the bathroom. Accidents galore! I'm sick of my living room being a kitty litter box!

A big part of the problem is that I haven't been as consistent as I should be, which is really bad

I've tried the naked technique-so doesn't work! I've tried giving her fluids all day long and having her go potty every hour and that doesn't work either. My next step was to have her wear panties instead of diapers and have her feel the difference...?

I'm at the point where I'll try anything! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Jill Day said...

i'm obviously not at the potty training stage, howerver; my sister swears by the book potty training in a day...if you have questions you can email her and I'm sure she'd give you some advice...after five kids I think she knows what she's doing. aespete@juno.com

Cristin said...

I don't think there is any secret way to potty train your child. This is the conclusion I have come to after working with Luke on this for the last 5 months.

The No Cry Potty Training Solution had some good tips, but I honestly believe that kids will do it when they are ready. If you are taking them to the toilet every hour and physically putting them on the toilet, commanding them to go, that is NOT potty training. And that method will drive you crazy.

I say that if you think Bella is ready, find a week when you aren't going many places. Put her in some comfortable pants that she can easily pull up and down and bribe her with candy or a toy. That's what worked for Luke. Good luck. Potty training bites.

Cristin said...

Oh, one more thing. For Luke, at least, if he was in a diaper, he goes in the diaper. It was impossible to potty train him without putting him in diapers. AND we bought a vacuum that does a good job of cleaning poop and stuff out of the carpet and some heavy duty gloves for dealing with accidents and then I wasn't too upset when I would have to clean up the accidents, because as you know, there will be A LOT of them.

Emily Rocks said...

Thanks so much for the advice, I'm willing to try ANYTHING at this point!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers