Monday, August 25, 2008

Bella Monster Now Comes With a Leash

Saturday was our ward activity, The CVIII (Clayton Valley 3rd) Olympic Games! It was a lot of fun, we had a lot of great games to play...relays, water balloon volleyball, 3 legged races and a bunch of other games. Well we were hanging out at the park, someone was playing "soccer" with Bella monster and Dan and I were cleaning up well we were standing around talking and some lady was like...hey do you guys have a kid missing? There is a little girl wandering around over there....WAY ACROSS THE PARK!!! She was over a hill and in a little valley, completely out of sight. I feel so horrible that I had absolutely no idea where she was! She is so freaking fast! Plus there are a million things that could have happened to her, we couldn't see her at all and she could have easily disappeared, or run into the street or out of the park....it freaks me out thinking about it, which is why I've decided to get the baby leash!

She has a few style options....



I know what you're thinking...there is NO WAY any child will actually wear that thing! I'm sure it's going to be a crazy battle, but at least I'll have peace of mind when we are out and about. I t sounds incredibly cruel, but I think its very necessary when you have a toddler who without a second thought will run from you at light speed. I've found a not so horrible looking harness at rightstart.com this is the best store ever! Albeit a little on the pricey side for some things, but quite handy things that relieve stress for busy moms.

Sunday's Report:

Bella Monster woke up from her nap with a 100.6 fever, not very high, but still a little fever and had a runny nose so we called everyone in nursery and are crossing our fingers that they dont get sick. For petes sake!

4 comments:

Cristin said...

True story, I knew someone that used their leash at church. The kid would run into the aisle during sacrament meeting and it would yank him back. It was funny.

Jill Day said...

i just keep remembering how you used to swear you would never use one of those and you used to make fun of people who did it lol

your loving brother Justin :)

africa said...

I had one of those for Jar. He was such a darter and I was so pregnant that I couldn't get to him very fast even if I saw him. He was such a crazy toddler.

Kirsten said...

We totally have a monkey for Eli and he LOVES it! Between the Monkey and the Moby, we get a lot of looks when we are out and about.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers