Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dinner In The Sky


I got this email from a friend of mine and it made my hands sweaty and my stomach sick just looking about the pictures its crazy awesome! Here is the article...check it out...

Dinner is served -165 feet up

Here's a dining concept that'll make your head, if not your stomach‚ spin: It's dinner at a table suspended 165 feet in the air with chairs that swivel 180 degrees.

Dubbed Dinner in the Sky, the attraction is making its U.S. debut Monday in Orlando at the annual International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions convention. About 25,000 attendees are expected at the one-stop-shopping event, where the amusement industry rolls out new thrill rides and related products.

The high-flying dining venue was introduced in Europe last year and consists of a platform suspended from a crane. Guests are harnessed into 22 seats, with space in the center for a chef and two helpers. With local officials' blessings, the platform can be transported to just about anywhere the crane can maneuver. One recent spot: in front of the Amiens Cathedral in France, with dinner prepared by a three-star Michelin chef. David Ghysels, co-founder of the Belgium-based company sees all sorts of U.S. possibilities for the dangling restaurant, including air space over the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls and golf courses.

'I think human beings always like to see what's happening from the air,' he says.' And there are so many wonderful natural spots in the U.S. Dinner in the Sky could go anywhere.'










I think this is pretty awesome. I know I would probably chicken out, but I think if Dan went with me I would totally do it!

I've started to realize what a wuss I have become in the past few years. Ok just since I found out I was pregnant with Bella. I use to be like, sure lets go base jumping, or heck yah I'll climb half dome, no worries, white water rafting, piece of cake....but now I'm like ridiculously affraid to even think of doing stuff like that. What if something happened to me? What would happen to Bella? It probably is unreasonable to think about it like that because I'm not a reckless person but I do enjoy doing stuff like that...minus the base jumping....maybe hang gliding or something....anyway I hope I get over this at some point because I really do want to climb half dome someday....I totally want to go rafting...and so much more....so dinner in the sky...bring it on...in 10-15 years.

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow - that is totally crazy! I think there is something about being a mommy that tames any desire to do wild and crazy things. I have been the same way.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers